Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's a Golden Vintage Fall

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I got married!  My time flies; I'll trust that's a good thing when speaking in reference to my husband. ;)

While reminiscing, I came across this test shot our photographer, Josie Kern, did during our engagement session.  The deep golden wallpaper backdrop is actually in the hallway of Josie's house.  She lives in one of Kansas City's many historic homes - our city's little hidden gems, in my opinion.  Some of the most stunning are now part of the Kansas City Art Institute campus, including Josie's massive stone abode. 

Eveything about the home is somewhat magical and whispers of days gone by with a sprawling staircase fit for Scarlett O'Hara and rich woodworking that invites you to feel its smooth curves.  I especially fell in love with this wallpaper (hence the dreamy gleam in my eye - apparently I was imagining how the decor would look in my reading nook rather than thinking of my betrothed). 

Here's to the robust magic of bountiful fall harvests, to all things tried-and-true and the glow of love; and please let me know if you ever find some old rolls of wallpaper half this stunning!

What's your favorite fall memory?  Please do share...

No comments: